Marketing Your Business
Ribbon Cuttings & Grand Opening Advantages:
- Event promoted and advertised in monthly newsletter, event listing on website, and monthly e-news.
- List of dignitaries with addresses provided to business owner(s) for sending of invitations.
- Chamber Board Members and Ambassadors in attendance based on availability.
- Date set to allow township supervisor ability to attend and say a few words.
- Providence of ribbon and large red scissors for the actual ribbon cutting.
- Pictures and follow-up press release in newsletter following the event.
- Take consideration of date and time of ribbon cutting due to a normal business week. Examples may include no weekends, no Fridays, or late week nights. Best time recommended would be mid-week starting at 9:00 AM or 12:00 PM
- Most Ribbon cuttings last on an average between 1 to 2 hours.
- Provide some type of food and refreshments for your guests and seating.
- Send out invitations to local dignitaries and recommended guests. (R.S.V.P. Optional).
- Invite friends, family, prospective clients, and other branch employees.
- Provide literature about company at event. (This is your time to be in the spot light).
- Be open and available for possible sales at time of event or after. Every opportunity counts.
- Plan ahead, allow enough time for your event to be well publicized.Â This also allows guests to plan ahead and put it on their calendar (setting a date at least one month in advance with chamber is recommended).
- Send thank you notes.